Foreign Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gearing Up For Ulduar

3 posters

Go down

Gearing Up For Ulduar Empty Gearing Up For Ulduar

Post  Natwee Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:09 pm

I'm finding it so difficult to gear up for anything raid related because of my lack of experience (I've done one part of Naxx10). This means I can't PUG because I don't have any achievements and generally don't know tacs (I read up, but reading can never replace actual experience).
Any help? Any advice? I'm a pretty casual gamer anyway because of uni commitments but I would love to raid more and most times it isn't a case of just getting a group together.
Natwee
Natwee

Back to top Go down

Gearing Up For Ulduar Empty Re: Gearing Up For Ulduar

Post  Bliv Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:06 am

You need to start running some HC's my dear.

Tbh u can get a full T8 or equivalent set of gear by doing a week of HC's from badges and farming normal TocT. Geared up my pally from doing the same.

I can run ppl thru HC's and stuff if im online but they rly need to start getting their gemming and enchants properly done if they r srs about wanting to raid.

Last couple of weeks i've been checking the armoury and found that alot of our members haven't even attepted to do HC's to better their gear and even haven't even got the correct pieces. e.g half tanking stuff for dps isn't right.
Bliv
Bliv
Admin

https://foreignlegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  charlie Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:09 am

well once i get to high enough lvl on the dk or criag gets BC and WTLK i will be going back to my warrior as atm he cant rly quest on his own as his damage aint that much he takes more than he gives but dont worry give me abit of time and i will get a nice set together
charlie
charlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Natwee Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:28 am

Thanks for the advice, Bliv.
I get confused too with what stats people want me to have for raiding. I've read on places that I should try to get as much hit rating as possible, other places say crit rating.
Sooo confusing Razz
It's my warlock I want to raid with.
Natwee
Natwee

Back to top Go down

Post  Bliv Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:36 am

Hit is the one u need to have capped first b4 any other stat. The cap is 17% and thats what u need for raiding.

u need to try and get 11% minimum, and thats if u've chosen to put 3 points in the hit chance in ur talent tree. u'll hopefully have a boomkin or shadow priest in ur raid, so u will get another 3% there.

11% from ur gear
3% from talents
3% from raid debuffs to boss.

crit and haste second to that, as ur spell power comes from the gear anyway. i dont know whats better for locks tbh no more. been a year since ive raided wiv one.
Bliv
Bliv
Admin

https://foreignlegion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Natwee Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:56 am

My current hit rating is just under 13.5% so I guess I've got that right!
Now for crit and haste.

Thanks again for all the advice. I am an utter noob when it comes to things like gear and stats (as you have probably guessed now xD )

How essential are enchants? I really don't have the gold to spend on high grade ones so I think that will be an area which is diffcult for me.
Natwee
Natwee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum